I had the pleasure of being one of the mentors at the last AdFed mentorship event. It was a great event that caused me to reflect on my own experiences and the people who's advice helped shape my career path. Life truly is about the people you meet and the things you create with them.
The lessons I've learned so far and shared.
1. Clearly define your why independent of your career.
2. The people you come in contact with define who you are and by extension shape your career path.
3. It is possible to turn perceived weaknesses into a competitive advantage so be honest with yourself.
4. Learn to actively listen paying close attention to the context of the conversations you have.
5. Don't pay too much attention to bloggers and internet rhetoric, do the research yourself.
Resources I shared.
2. The best places to network and continue learning.
Related Hashtag: #AdfedMN